Business Valuation Model Excel Template Calculator Benefits
Business valuation models have been used for many years to help individuals and organizations determine the value of a business. With the widespread use of Microsoft Excel, many business valuation models have been developed as Excel spreadsheets. The history of Excel-based business valuation models can be traced back to the late 1980s and early 1990s when spreadsheets started to become widely used in business. During this time, several models were developed to help analysts value businesses using a variety of different methods, such as discounted cash flow (DCF), comparable company analysis (CCA), and asset-based valuation. Since then, numerous other Excel-based business valuation models have been developed, each with its own unique features and methods. Some are designed for specific industries or types of businesses, while others are more general-purpose models that can be used for a wide range of valuation scenarios. Today, Excel remains a popular tool for business valuation modeling, and many analysts continue to use it to develop and refine their valuation models.
Original Business Valuation Model Excel
In the late 1990's bizpep developed and published on the internet the original Business Valuation Model Excel. The concepts and methodology applied in this model were unique and designed to enable business owners and finance professionals to build a verifiable business forecast and valuation. The approach applied relative indicators to determine the influence of both internal and external environmental impacts on the business and calculate both a financial forecast and current business valuation. Scenario analysis provided the capacity to determine optimistic to pessimistic outcomes and in turn assess areas to optimise business performance, manage risk and gain business insight. This was a new approach to business and company valuation. Since its original release components of business valuation model excel have been adopted by a range of business analysis and valuation providers.
Our current excel Business Valuation is essentially the same as our original Business Valuation Model Excel and developed with the same methodology. It is this methodology that is the underlying strength and value of the forecast and valuation. Our current Business Valuation is also available for free trial ... you can download and review for free.
Excel Models Calculators and Template Benefits
The benefits of utilizing Excel as the base for model development include:
- Excel is widely used and understood by business.
- Excel based models, calculators and templates provide a compact and reliable format for financial and business analysis.
- Excel files can be user extended to provide full formatting and recuse of data through sheet linking.
- Excel can be easily easily packaged and delivered as a stand alone file by internet download.
- Excel includes inbuilt security features.
- Excel based models, calculators and templates are saved as local stand alone files and do not change operating systems in any way.
- Excel files can be easily deleted with no system impact.
- Excel file structure has been incorporated into a range of spreadsheet applications including online spreadsheets such as google sheets.
Browser Based Business Valuation
As an alternative non excel based business valuation we also developed browser based Business Analysis Modules which include business forecast, business valuation and price analysis. The Business Analysis Modules apply the same methodology as our excel based models and templates.